STEAM (across curriculum)
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) at Hilton is integrated across all Learning Areas with regular opportunities for multi-age activities. Through STEAM activities, students design and create sustainable solutions to real life problems. STEAM engages and motivates students in a range of learning experiences and fosters curiosity, innovation, confidence, persistence and cooperation.
STEAM Activities at HPS
Nature Play at HPS
At Hilton PS, we are fortunate to have a beautiful outdoor classroom, harnessing students’ natural curiosity. Nature pedagogy provides a platform for a learning environment that is challenging, unpredictable, active and relaxing, providing a new element for learning.
Through providing the opportunity to learn in our natural environment, students at Hilton PS have opportunities to:
- Develop higher order thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience Play-based and Integrated learning
- Learn to assess and manage risk
- Test physical and emotional boundaries
- Expand and reinforce oral language, creativity etc